|For more information on Knights of Columbus Insurance
Contact our Agent Dan DiLauro
Henry Stolzenthaler Council No. 1675
Knights of Columbus
100 Kreischer Street
Staten Island, NY 10307
"In Service to One, In Service to All"
Helping Our Families Prepare
Tempus fugit memento mori – times flies, remember death.
The phrase, we are told, is to remind us to be conscious of our own mortality and to plan
accordingly. As Catholics, we keep death always in the front of our minds because it is the
gateway to paradise, but also because we want to be sure that we are preparing
accordingly and living just lives, conquering sin and living for God, so that we may live with
Him after death.
But death is not always easy to think about. While we live with Christian hope, we know that
our death also means sadness and trial for those we love. We know that we will leave a
void, and, depending on the circumstances of our own death, we may even leave loose
But by thinking about the unthinkable, and planning for the inevitable, we may be able to
reduce those trials and tie up some of those loose ends.
That’s why we are excited to introduce the Knights of Columbus Personal Planning
The Knights of Columbus Personal Planning Workbook is a no-cost tool available from me
The thirty-four page book is a comprehensive planning guide that will enable you to record
personal information, identify personal wishes, and supplement legal documents.
With the Knights of Columbus Personal Planning Workbook, you can:
- List medical information- Identify your long-term care instructions and wishes
- Identify the location of records, documents, accounts, password, and other important
- Identify charitable gifts
- Supplement your will with instructions and information on the distribution of your estate,
as well as information on guardians, executors, and power of attorney
- Express your wishes for your funeral service, including identifying readings, lectors, gift
bearers, pall bearers, and fraternal or military organization involvement
- Prepare a Survivors’ Action Items and Concerns listing for the settlement of your estate
and the execution of your last wishes
- Establish a list of people to notify
- Record information on life insurance policies and other benefits
- Express your wishes for an obituary
- Write a letter expressing your wishes to your pastor
The Knights of Columbus Personal Planning Workbook may not be the most enjoyable
workbook you have ever filled out, but may be the most impactful.
In a fast paced digital age like ours, there are so many more things to plan for and to
record, and so much less time in which to do it. The Knights of Columbus Personal
Planning Workbook is and easy and effective way to gather your thoughts, details, data,
and wishes for the benefit of your loved ones.
This great resource is another extension of our founding mission, set forth by Father
Michael J. McGivney, of protecting Catholic families.
As pointed as it may seem, tempus fugit memento mori reminds us that we – with certainty
– will die, but that we may very well not – with certainty – know when.
So why not spend a few minutes preparing for the inevitable?
You’ll have the comfort of knowing that you did the right thing, and the assurance that,
when that time does come, you will have made a very difficult time just a little bit easier for
the ones you love.
To get a complimentary copy of the Knights of Columbus Personal Planning
Workbook, contact me today.
Dan DiLauro Field Agent Knights of Columbus
Call me – let’s talk.